Re: [exim] perl support broken in exim v4.50_1 on FreeBSD v4…

Autor: exim-users
A: Matthias Waffenschmidt
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] perl support broken in exim v4.50_1 on FreeBSD v4.11
Matthias Waffenschmidt schrieb:

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Mar 23, 2005 at 02:33:17AM +0100, exim-users@??? wrote:
>
>>I upgraded exim to v4.50_1 today, but couldn't get it to run smoothly.
>>Exim's child process bombs out when it tries to start the perl interpreter:
>

> Have you set LD_LIBRARY_PATH and it contains /usr/lib? This is known
> to cause problems with all kind of software related to lang/perl5.8

Nope. My environment doesn't show any setting for LD_LIBRARY_PATH. I
have a plain perl v5.8.6_2 installation here from the ports collection.
As I said before, perl support was working nicely for exim v4.44.

Is anybody on the list running exim v4.50 with perl support
successfully? Then it's either a FreeBSD thing or a problem with my
environment, and I know I have to investigate into a different direction...

I'll try to downgrade back to exim v4.44 to find out whether it's a
problem with my current environment.

Patrick