[exim] cyrus + macosx server - security update

Author: Giuliano Gavazzi
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] cyrus + macosx server - security update
for those of you using cyrus with a similar router:

cyrus_lmtp_router:
   debug_print   = "R: cyrus_lmtp for $local_part@$domain"
   driver        = accept
   domains       = +local_domains
   local_parts   = ! root
   local_part_suffix_optional
   local_part_suffix = -*
   require_files = /usr/bin/cyrus/bin/mbpath
   condition     = ${run {/usr/bin/cyrus/bin/mbpath -q -s      \
                                 user.${lc:$local_part}}{1}{0}}
   transport     = cyrus_lmtp_transport

please note that the Security Update 2005-003 to MacOSX Server 10.3.8
seems to break mbpath's functionality.
Now /usr/bin/cyrus/bin/mbpath -q -s user.validuser will give "Invalid
mailbox name: user.validuser".
Imap collection works fine though.

Note that this is independent from the requirement to set the suid
bit of mbpath on MacOSX Server, the command does not even work when
run as root.

(I am also having a series of lookupd hangs, so I would stay clear of
this update for a little...)

Giuliano