RE: [exim] Host equivalency for mailman

Author: Larry Rosenman
To: peter, exim-users
CC:
Subject: RE: [exim] Host equivalency for mailman

-----Original Message-----
From: exim-users-bounces@??? [mailto:exim-users-bounces@exim.org] On
Behalf Of Peter Bowyer
Sent: Friday, March 18, 2005 10:46 AM
To: exim-users@???

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 16:44:05 +0000, Tony Finch <dot@???> wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Mar 2005, Larry Rosenman wrote:
> >
> > Is there a way with Exim Re-Writes to handle this as it's coming in?
>
> Yes, though it would be better to fix your mailman configuration so
> that it doesn't screw up the addresses in the message header.

IIRC there's a 'preferred host' setting per-list in Mailman which controls
what FQDN it uses when it sets up Reply-to and such things.....

Peter

Right, but the problem is stupid MUA's/Users that include BOTH names in the
To/Cc headers, so EXIM sees BOTH names and delivers the message to mailman
twice...

What I want to prevent is the 2nd delivery to the mailman router/transport.

LER