Re: [exim] exim ejects email from hostname with "_"

Author: Fred Viles
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] exim ejects email from hostname with "_"
On 17 Mar 2005 at 17:00, Steve Zeng wrote about
    "[exim] exim ejects email from hostn":

| We installed Exim 4.43 on FC2.

Why not the current release, 4.50?

| It is faster than sendmail, which is great.

What's great is that that is the least of its advantages.

| However, sending email from a host named "canon_bw" was always
| ejected. Then we changed the hostname to canonbw. It works fine.

Underscore is not a valid character in a hostname, Microsoft
cluelessness notwithstanding. So that was a good change to make.

| Is this the way exim works or an option we can configure?

This is exim, OF COURSE its configurable! ;)
RTFM for "helo_allow_chars".

- Fred