Re: [exim] Sending email via Exim very slow

Author: Michael Johnson
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Sending email via Exim very slow
On 17 Mar, 2005, at 11:29:13. 0 AM, exim@??? wrote:

> Have set up and installed Exim, spamassassin and clamav and it all
> seems to be
> working fine tho clamav's logs shows nothing. But anyway, my
> problem is that I

If nothing is showing up in clamav's log, then you likely aren't
getting any viruses in your mail. It should however run a self check
which will eventually show up in the log.

> find when I log in Exim via IMAP using uw-imapd and read all the
> emails, then
> when I want to send emails, it takes a very long time to send -
> around 10-15
> seconds before lines show up in the logs and then it get sent
> straightaway -

I'm going to guess it's probably actually 30 seconds. It's possible
it's less since you may have ident turned on. Go to your config file
and check for this line:

rfc1413_query_timeout = 30s

You can change that to anything you'd like. I know people who set it
to 3 seconds and others who set it to 20. Some even just leave it.

-Michael

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."
                     -Robin Williams