Re: [exim-dev] better support for macros

Author: John W. Baxter
To: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] better support for macros
On 3/15/2005 16:45, "Kjetil Torgrim Homme" <kjetilho@???> wrote:

> at our site, we use Exim on a number of different kinds of servers. to
> keep complexity down, we have separated the common bits into files which
> can be included in each exim.conf. at this time, we have 14 different
> exim.conf, so I'm sure you understand that this is essential to be able
> to maintain the files consistently.

We have a similar but smaller problem at our site.

We keep the configuration under source code control, and have an install
script which actually puts them in place for Exim's use.

The install script includes a step in which server-specific macros--grouped
together at the top of the original file are adjusted using the standard
patch
program. Seems to work well.

However, we have not broken our config down into a bunch of individual files
(we do have a few such, to avoid repeated code). We haven't had a need for
macros in those.

--John