Re: [exim] log_message

Autor: Michael F. Sprague
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] log_message
Jeremy Harris <jgh@???> wrote:
> Michael F. Sprague wrote:
> >accept
> >  condition   = ${if eq {${hmac{md5}{SECRET}{$body_linecount}}}\
> >                        {$h_X-Scan-Signature:}{true}{false}}
> >  log_message = SCANNED () RCPT=$acl_m9 SUB=${quote:$h_subject:} \
> >                MSGID=$h_message-id:
> [...]
> >The problem is that the line never gets logged.  It doesn't matter if the
> >log_message line is before or after the condition statement.  I know that
> >in
> >some cases the condition matches b/ of various tests.  Please note that I
> >have
> >a similar issue later on in the DATA ACL when I do virus scanning.

> Log_message only writes in a warn, or if the statement cases a deny.
> Try using "logwrite = biglongmessage" instead. Note it doesn't prefix
> a "Warning: ".
>
> -Jeremy

See, I was being stupid. :-) I was under the impression that logwrite would
always write to the log as soon as that line is processed, rather than based
on the whether the ACL passes or not. I will adjust my config.

thanks,
mikeS

--
Michael Sprague | mfs@???
System and Network Engineering (SaNE), Inc