Re: [exim] Transport Failover

Author: Bruce Richardson
To: Exim Users
Subject: Re: [exim] Transport Failover
On Mon, Mar 14, 2005 at 10:14:04AM -0800, Marc Perkel wrote:
> OK - let's forget spamd for the moment. Maybe this is a feature request.
>
> If a transport fails it keeps retrying until the transport succeeds.
> Perhaps it might be handy to have an alternate transport so you can say
> - "if this transport fails - try this other transport".
>
> Perhaps call it a fallback_transport
>
> fallback_transport = transport_name

There's no need, since routers can pass over to other routers on failure
(read up on "self = pass" and "pass_router"). You could simply define a
second router that was identical to the first but with a different
transport, then have the first router fail over to the second.

--
Bruce

I object to intellect without discipline. I object to power without
constructive purpose. -- Spock