Re: [exim] Failover if spamd fails

Author: Jerry Bell
To: Marc Perkel
CC: Exim users list
Subject: Re: [exim] Failover if spamd fails
Are you using spamc in the transport statement to perform the scanning?
If so, and spamc/spamd fails, I don't think there is a good way to
continue. If you call spamassassin from an exiscan ACL, you are able to
specify more than one spamd server, which should cut down on the instance
of an unavailable spamd.

Just as a side note, I stopped having spamd problems after I set up a cron
job to shut down and restart it every night. I pull in the latest SARE
rules files just before doing that, so it not only keeps things humming,
but also keeps the filter up-to-date.

> What I want to do is if spamd dies and the transport returns an error -
> hand it off to another computer.

Jerry
http://www.syslog.org