Re: [exim] acl_smtp_mime

Author: Tom Kistner
To: Frank Elsner
CC: Exim Users
Subject: Re: [exim] acl_smtp_mime
Frank Elsner wrote:

> I get all my mail by uucp

Are there nostalgic reasons for this? Not wanting to insult, but can't
this be "fixed" by upgrading to a newer technology? The last time I used
UUCP was around ~94/95 when you could get Usenet feeds from local
mailboxes by dialup ...

> acl_smtp_mime can't be used in this situation. Why not ?

The way it is implemented right now the MIME ACL is a sister of the DATA
ACL, sharing its result code. Other that that, there is no technical
reason for not allowing it for non-SMTP input.

> Is there any chance to have the mime checks available in acl_not_smtp ?

Hm. Check out receive.c, look for ACL_WHERE_MIME. Theres a condition at
the top of the block that goes like !smtp_input. Remove that, recompile
and do your testing. :)

/tom