Re: [exim] Checking all received IP's in Spamhaus?

Author: Marc Perkel
To: Nigel Metheringham
CC: exim-users @ exim. org
Subject: Re: [exim] Checking all received IP's in Spamhaus?
Yes - it really isn't "all" that I really want to check. I really want
to check all routable.

Here's the situation. Several people on my system get email that is
forwarded from another account that has no spam filtering at all.
Because the host that connects to me is legit I can't tell if the host
that connected to them is listed unless I can go back a level.

It might be handy if Exim had a feature where if the $host_address
matched a list that it would replace that address with the next level in
the received lines. Or - a feature like $all_host_addresses that
returned a list of all routable hosts that the message passed through.

It looks like it could probably be done my applying a very complex
regex to the received lines to extract all the hosts that are not
localhosts or other nonroutable addresses.