RE: [exim] Dumb DNS question about MX records.

Author: David Brodbeck
Subject: RE: [exim] Dumb DNS question about MX records.

Good point. Here's the story. I already have an MX record for
interclean.com, but before I started working here there wasn't one, and a
lot of our business cards still show addresses ending in
@mail.interclean.com. We recently ran into trouble with a customer whose
mail system refuses to fall back to the A record when the MX record isn't
present.

I actually told the ISP to go ahead with it and I'd have them back it out
again if it broke anything. It solved the original problem, but I figured
I'd better ask in case there was something subtly wrong with this that I
wasn't spotting.