Re: [exim] Exim cookbook

Author: Marilyn Davis
To: Timur Nasyrov
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim cookbook

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005, Timur Nasyrov wrote:

> Dear exim-users,
>
> I'm using Exim 4.43 as my mail server. My search for documentation and
> configuration examples brought me to the www.exim.org site first.
> I found also several articles and users suggestions according to exim
> configuration options in the Internet. But unfortunately many options
> and concepts are not so clear for me.
>
> I know there were several cookbooks for Apache, Sendmail e.t.c. with
> fine comments and configuration examples.
>
> Coulnd't you recomend me something like a "cookbook" for Exim (if such
> one exists of course).

Hi Timur,

Welcome to Exim!

The FAQ has a "Configuration Cookbook" section.

But I'd guess that if you want to understand the concepts, you really
want the Exim book by Philip Hazel: "Exim - The Exim SMTP Mail Server
- Official Guide for Release 4" UIT Cambridge Cambridge, England.

Happy learning!

Marilyn Davis