Re: [exim] Alias issues

Author: Christian Schmidt
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Alias issues
Hello James,

James Smith, 10.03.2005 (d.m.y):

> > > Ah yes, stoopid me. 'cause this is a new debian download/install I
> > > ASSUMED it would be the current vertion, and we all know what
> > > assumptions do don't we...
> > >
> > > Exim version 3.35 #1 built 11-Jan-2005 21:18:34 Copyright (c)
> > > University of Cambridge 2001
> > >
> > > Time to perform an upgrade then unless someone can give me a good
> > > reason not to.
> >
> > If you're running Debian sarge or sid, you want to install
> > the exim4 package, not exim. If you're running woody, you'll
> > need to get exim4 from backports.org.
>
> See, this is why I hate Linux, and especially Debian.
>
> http://www.backports.org/debian/dists/woody/exim4/binary-i386/
>
> Has what looks like 4 diferent viable options for this, How do I know which
> one I need?

Give apt a chance. ;-)
First, add this "location" to /etc/apt/sources.list and run "apt-get
update".
"apt-cache search exim4" will now give you the names of all the exim4
Packages available with your current apt-sources.
"apt-cache show <name_of_the_package>" will then reveal a short
description about what the corresponding package does.

Regards,
Christian Schmidt
--
Letzte Worte eines Autofahrers: