Re: [exim] Alias issues

Author: Marc Haber
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Alias issues
On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 11:56:20 -0000, "James Smith" <james@???>
wrote:
>Using the config below I get the following error...
>
>2005-03-10 19:59:04 Exim configuration error
> director domain_aliases: cannot find director driver "redirect" in line
>326
>
>I am now stumped as the driver "redirect" is the one used in the FAQ
>(Q0422). Anyone any ideas here?

You are using a quite old version of exim. As the exim website seems
to be down at the moment, I don't know whether the FAQ document for
exim 3 is still available.

Unfortunately, it is not included with any Debian binary packages.

A possible place to look for the appropriate FAQ would be
ftp://ftp.tin.org/pub/mail/exim/exim3/FAQ.txt.gz.

exim 3 still gets security support from the Debian security team,
butyou won't be able to ask questions here since most people have
migrated to exim 4 a long time ago.

That being said, please consider using exim 4 from backports.org.

Greetings
Marc