Re: [exim] Need some help modifying my router

Autor: Marc Haber
A: Carinus Carelse
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Need some help modifying my router
On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 07:19:49 +0200, Carinus Carelse
<carinus.carelse@???> wrote:
>Currently this router looks up in the directory server for the mailHost
>and then sends the email to the relevant host. I am setting up a pilot
>project and due to the lack of server resources I have to run the pilot
>mail server on the same server but on a different IP. For safety sake I
>
>have it on a different port. I would like to construct a router that
>will check to see what the mailhost is and if the mailhost is the pilot
>server the router will return the mailHost:port but if the mailhost is
>anything else it will just do a standard smtp.

As far as I know, you cannot specify a different port in a route list.
So, you'll need your own transport to deliver to a non-smtp port, and
it is probably easiest to have your own router which knows which
domain to handle.

While a setup like this is certainly suitable for testing, in a real
setup, I'd put the port number to deliver to in the directory as well,
and choose the transport in a string expansion.

Greetings
Marc