Re: [exim] Exim and SpamAssassin

Autor: Bill Hacker
A: Marc Perkel
CC: exim-users, Jerry Stuckle
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Exim and SpamAssassin
Marc Perkel wrote:

> Apparently the problem must be that spam assassin is changing something
> - but what?
>
> Could it be that the message coming back for SA is run under a different
> user ID than the original message? That the "second" exim that SA runs
> is running as user spamd?

IIRC, it is actully 'spamc' doing some of the work - but it should have
the same UID:GID as spamd (ordinarily).

> SA is doing something to the message that causes something to be
> different. Just what I don't know. I'm still thinking it's
> user/permission related.

- have had similar problesm when spam(whatever) and exim were not
at least in the same 'group'.

> A test - if you go into your /etc/passwd file and change the SA user
> (spamd) to 0 making it root - will it work?

Ouch! ..... not unless the CAT5 is yanked <g>

Bill