Re: [exim] Exim and SpamAssassin

Author: Jerry
To: Marc Perkel
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim and SpamAssassin
Hello, again, Marc and all,

OK, more information here.

Looking more closely at the mainlog, I see several routers are skipped
over, and processing does indeed proceed to either the default router
(which uses the system files) or, if not found in the system files, the
catchall.

As for the output from SpamAssassin being handled by a different router
- DUH - STUPID ME - I KNEW THAT! :-) It just didn't sink in.

The routers are in the correct order. The problem seems to be that it
is skipping several routers which use MySQL. Looking at the MySQL log,
it seems there are no calls at this time to MySQL, either.

I know the userid/password/etc. are correct, because I see successful
MySQL calls during ACL processing (including from the routers skipped
later). SO the exim configuration file is correct.

I've looked again (and again... and again) through all the MySQL
statements, routers and transports - all look OK.

So - how can I get a debug trace when it's failing? Can I get it to
trace the output from the process started by SpamAssassin? Or should I
just disable SpamAssassin router to see what happens?

As to an using exiscan - yes, eventually I plan to do this. But I'm not
familiar with it, and have had too many other things going on to delve
into it. It's on my list of things to do eventually :-).

Thanks again, all, for your assistance.

Jerry