[exim] Re: [exiscanusers] spamd & exiscan

Autor: Michael F. Sprague
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [exim] Re: [exiscanusers] spamd & exiscan
Sujit Choudhury <S.Choudhury@???> wrote:
> I am running exim version 4.12 with exiscan. I am finding spamassassin
> is draining all my cpu (using spamd and look for external messages less
> than 20K) on a SUN 280R with 2xCPU and 4GB of memory.
> I have upgraded SpamAssassin to V3.0.2. But I have not seen huge
> improvement. Is there anyway I can use the socket? I have created for
> this purpose /var/spool/spamd. An account spamd.
> Any hints would be of great help.

You need a newer version of exim/exiscan to access spamd via a socket, IIRC. I
suggest upgrading to the latest version, v4.50, which includes the exiscan
code.

The remote tests can add a lot of load if the volume is high. If you have a
spare server with a good CPU available, you may want to consider a dedicated
spamd server. :)

thanks,
mikeS

--
Michael Sprague | mfs@???
System and Network Engineering (SaNE), Inc