Re: [exim] Exim and SpamAssassin

Autor: Jerry
A: Marc Perkel
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Exim and SpamAssassin
Oops, didn't cc the maillist...

Hi, Marc,

Thanks again - but that's not the problem.

I found this because of frozen messages to my error reporting email.
They had:

The following address(es) have yet to be delivered:
zzz@???: mailbox /var/spool/mail/zzz has wrong uid (xxx
!= yyy)

Changing the spool file owner id to exim's allowed everything to thaw
and be delivered. And looking though the trace, I see exim changing the
uid to the exim id - but never to the user's id. I also see no attempts
to call my local delivery router (although I do see a number of routers
before the spamcheck router fail, as they should).

The deeper I go into this, the deeper in trouble I am! I've even gone
back to comparing my current configuration against an older one with no
luck.

I KNOW I did something stupid - SOMEPLACE. I wish I could figure out
what I did!

Thanks again,

Jerry

Marc Perkel wrote:

> AH - HA!
>
> I think the problem is ownership then. Here's what may be happening.

It hits the router to deliver it properly - but - the router fails
because of ownership. So it then moves on to the next router which is
your catchall.

> Jerry wrote:

<trimmed off old comments>