Re: [exim] Exim and SpamAssassin

Autor: Jerry
A: Marc Perkel
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Exim and SpamAssassin
Hi, Marc,

Thanks for the response. Now I am REALLY confused.

In trying to find this problem, I turned on -d+all and sent a test
message. The last relevant entries in the log are (deleted some
irrelevant lines)

08:28:29 21650 spamcheck transport yielded 0
08:28:29 21650 search_tidyup called
08:28:29 21648 journalling itnews@???
08:28:29 21648 spamcheck transport returned OK for itnews@???
08:28:29 21648 post-process itnews@??? (0)
08:28:29 21648 itnews@??? delivered
08:28:29 21648 LOG: MAIN
08:28:29 21648 => itnews@??? R=spamcheck_router
T=spamcheck H=localhost
08:28:29 21648 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> deliveries are done >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

This particular id is an alias, to be routed to another mailbox.
Instead it ends up in the catchall mailbox. There aren't any other
entries in the trace, and I can see the message in the catchall box.

I can believe this is turning the message around and sending it back
into exim, but in that case, why wouldn't I see more trace entries for
that processing?

Another thing I just noticed which makes me think this router is doing
the delivery - the owner of the spool file has changed. Before, the
file owner was the box user. Now it's the exim id. My local delivery
router/transport changes the userid to the recipient. The SpamAssassin
doesn't - it just uses the exim id.

I've really tried to look through the documentation to see what's wrong
- but there are soooo many options I'm totally confused! (don't take
this as a complaint - I like the flexibility!).

Is there someplace else I should be looking? Is there something else I
could post which would help? (I don't want to post the whole config
file because of its size).

Thanks for any other help you can provide.

Jerry