RE: [exim] Testing what ports are open on the sending host.

Autor: Eli
A: 'Ian Eiloart', 'Marc Perkel'
CC: 'Exim-users'
Assumpte: RE: [exim] Testing what ports are open on the sending host.
Ian wrote:
> There's a clue in the grammar here. Eli said "my filter
> *is*", and you said "your filter *will be* nothing of the sort".
> So, he's talking about something that he's implemented, and you're
> talking about something that he's proposing.

I am Eli, and I said the latter quote so I'm assuming you meant Marc said
"my filter is". Assuming that he'd either implemented it already, or was
merely thinking about it (his initial post was about a buddy who was
mentioning the idea to him, which is where I took the interpretation of him
either testing or thinking about putting it in to production) makes no
difference to me. I'm just trying to point out that I think the test would
be rather worthless overall - mixed with all the other spam/ham checks he's
mentioned before I think this wouldn't attribute much to the final outcome
to make it worth his while.

Just because I say he shouldn't do it though doesn't mean he shouldn't - he
can do what he likes. Marc throws out many ideas to the list, and although
he says he doesn't want to get flamed, he should notice that it's not so
easy to post radical ideas and not brew something up. Heck, my grammar just
got put in to question and look what it started!

Eli.