Re: [exim] First SMTP callback implementation

Autor: Matthew Byng-Maddick
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] First SMTP callback implementation
On Mon, Mar 07, 2005 at 09:51:00AM +0000, Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Sun, 6 Mar 2005, Marc MERLIN wrote:
> > I've always assumed that SMTP callbacks (yeah, they're callouts now, sorry
> > :) came from Philip in Exim.
> > Is this correct?

I don't believe so.

> I don't know. Callbacks were introduced in Exim 3.20 in November 2000;
> callforwards did not arrive till Exim 4, just over a year later.
> (Strictly, callbacks were "released" in a testing release called 3.168.
> I don't have details of its release date. 3.16 was released in Auguest
> 2000, so it was sometime between August and November, if it matters that
> much.)
>
> You'll need to search for any evidence of anyone else doing this any
> earlier.

I believe that SAUCE was doing it before exim added the idea, but Ian is on
holiday, and so I can't ask him when his CVS thinks that the idea was
first added. SAUCE was also the first greylist implementation I saw.

Cheers

MBM

--
Matthew Byng-Maddick          <mbm@???>           http://colondot.net/