Re: [exim-dev] Problems with multiple smtp recipients

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Hendrik Visage
CC: exim-dev
Assumpte: Re: [exim-dev] Problems with multiple smtp recipients
On Mon, 7 Mar 2005, Hendrik Visage wrote:

> How can I get exim to deliver the email to those it can (which the remote side said is
> okay, ie 250) but retry the others (ie. the 4xx) later and report on those not
> deliverable (ie. the 5xx etc.)??

It should do that automatically. However, you do not say which release
of Exim you are talking about.

> LOG: MAIN
> == hhh@??? R=lookuphost T=remote_smtp defer (-1): smtp transport
> process returned non-zero status 0x0100: exit code 1

THAT is the real problem. The transport process has not ended cleanly,
so Exim defers all the addresses, independent of the responses they
received. We need more information to understand why that happened. You
need to try another delivery with debugging turned on to see if that
gives any clue.