Re: [exim] Has anyone done this?

Author: Ian Eiloart
To: Matt Fretwell, exim
CC:
Subject: Re: [exim] Has anyone done this?

--On March 7, 2005 11:01:23 +0000 Matt Fretwell <mattf@???> wrote:

>> > No, but it is extremely annoying in most cases, and ends up getting
>> > the client firewalled, (in my book anyway),
>>
>> That's ridiculous. Why would an SMTP server that's trying to send me
>> mail object that I try to make a TCP connection to it. I already do
>> ident callouts to the sending host. Surely its completely fair to make a
>> callout to a sending host as frequently as it tries to send mail to me.
>
> Did I ever infer that I objected to a reverse connection when I send mail
> to someones system? No, I did not.

Infer? No - you've got the wrong word there. You did imply it, or at least
I inferred it from what you said. Check the dictionary definitions of
"infer" and "imply".

I inferred it because you were responding to a proposal that three ports be
checked. You later switched to talking about "SAV lookup", without defining
the term. The term doesn't appear in the last 10,000 posts to exim-users,
and I don't know what it is.

Anyway, nothing in the proposal is suggesting more than finding out whether
a port is open.

--
Ian Eiloart
Servers Team