[exim] Sender verify errors

Autor: Simon Windsor
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [exim] Sender verify errors
Hi

I have built two test, temporary, mail servers to try out and test
configuration changes to our current system.
At the moment, the two server configs are the same, the only difference
between then two sets of /etc/exim4.conf and /etc/init.d/conf is the entry

primary_hostname

However, one mail server appears to work well, the second works locally,
but on receipt of mail from a remote server generates errros. The
senders (remote) maillog shows

550-Verification failed for <send_details>\n550-Unknown user\n550 Sender
verify failed

and local maillog records Unknown user+Sender verify failed.

Does anyone have an idea what is happening? I have a feeling that it is
related to hostnames (A and C records) but this is a guess.

Simon

--
Simon Windsor

Eml: simon.windsor@???