[exim] Re: Exim config

Author: Andreas Metzler
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Re: Exim config
OKZ . <okz8@???> wrote:
> I got a task. I have a Debian 3.0r4 host with Exim 3.3 mail server. I have
> to forward each incoming mail to more servers. How I should solve this
> problem?
> I'm trying this in the Routers Configurations section:

> local_relay:
>  driver = domainlist
>  transport = remote_smtp
>  route_list = "*    mail1.domain.hu:mail2.domain.hu   byname"

[...]

Hello,
First off: exim v3 is not supported anymore by exim.org.

<Mode guessing="mail is delivered to the first server, but no
duplicate is sent to the other servers">

You'll need multiple routers:
local_relay_1:
 driver = domainlist
 transport = remote_smtp
 route_list = *    mail1.domain.hu  byname
 unseen
 no_verify

local_relay_2:
 driver = domainlist
 transport = remote_smtp
 route_list = *    mail2.domain.hu   byname

</guessing>

         cu andreas

PS: Please provide the necessary information to debug stuff, "doesn't work"
is not enough. *What* does not work, where is the mail delivered to?
Have you tested with exim's standard methods (-bt , -d , etc.)?
fuhggvat qbja gur juveyvat tha.
Neal Stephenson in "Snow Crash"
                                           http://downhill.aus.cc/