Re: [exim] Has anyone done this?

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Matt Fretwell
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] Has anyone done this?
Marc Perkel wrote:

> What I'm experimenting with is running nmap on port 25 of the incoming
> connection and seeing what it returns which is either open, filtered,
> closed, or none. Looking to see if there is an identifyable pattern.

Crap idea. Full stop. Forget it. (Tact obviously doesn't agree with you,
so I am not even going to try).

> You know - if you did a callback to the sending host to check you see if
> ports 587, 465, and 783 were open I bet that the message were very
> likely be non-spam.

Are you really such a sad sod, or are these legitimate ideas? If it is an
***OUTGOING*** server, why the hell would someone have submission ports
open to external access?

Matt