Re: [exim] domainlists & ldap

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: John W. Baxter
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] domainlists & ldap
On 3/3/2005 8:52, "Mark Lowes" <hamster@???> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm currently trying to move much of the management of our mail system
> into ldap, however I think I've hit a problem or limitation with my
> domainlist lookup.
>
> --8<--
> domainlist relay_to_domains  = \
>         ${tr {${lookup ldapm{ ldap:///o=ISP,c=uk?dc?one?\
>              (secdmserver=${quote_ldap:${primary_hostname}}) }}}\
>         {\n}{:}} : ETC/relay_domains
> --8<--

> Now the above was working perfectly right until I added a stack more
> domains onto the system and it doesn't appear to be returning the full
> list. So a simple question is there a limitation in the size of the
> ldap response accepted by exim or am I barking up the wrong tree here?
>
> Mark

The LDAP implementation we use has a default limit on the number of things
it will return for one lookup which returns multiple items. We increased
it, and also worked around it for cases where we needed a few thousand items
(by asking for a few at a time).

You may have reached such a limit.

--John