Re: [exim] header_syntax

Página Inicial
Autor: Ian Eiloart
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [exim] header_syntax

--On March 3, 2005 10:07:02 -0800 Fred Viles <fv+exim@???> wrote:

> The important data are: how much unwanted mail is the header_syntax
> check blocking that wouldn't otherwise be blocked, and what is the
> false positive rate. Only you can decide if the cost/benefit ratio
> makes sense for you.
>
> - Fred

It would be interesting to know what experience others have with this.

We use header_syntax checking, and we've found a significant number of problems
with some MS Exchange and hotmail leaking bad headers onto the internet.
Notably semi-colon separated lists of email addresses.

We've also recently found that Apple's Mail.app application creates bad syntax
when mailing to a group defined in Apple's Address Book application. It creates
a To: header like this:

    To: groupname

This is only legal when the groupname is terminated with ":;". So, if you're
making a group in Apple's Address Book, you need to give it a name like
"groupname:;".

I've had one user's yahoo groups mailings suspended because we reject such
email. Another subscriber posts to the list, we accept the recipient, but
reject the message - and then our user gets unsubscribed. That seems bonkers to
me. Does anyone know how to get into a proper dialog with yahoo about this sort
of thing? I've submitted reports, but not even had a reply.

--
Ian Eiloart
Servers Team