Re: [exim] demime problem

Author: Fred Viles
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] demime problem
On 3 Mar 2005 at 15:19, Christian Hertel wrote about
    "[exim] demime problem":

| one of our customers tries to send a mail with a .plt file as an
| attachent through our mailserver (running Exim 4.34), but exim always
| rejects it in the DATA acl with the following reason:
|
| rejected after DATA: Found MIME error (demime acl condition: line length
| in message or single header size exceeds 131071 bytes)
|
| Is this a bug or did I miss something?

Most likely, it is a bug in the customer's mail client. At a guess,
it is not encoding the attachment.

Do you have any reason to think that the message is correctly formed,
contrary to what the error is telling you?

- Fred