Re: [exim] Re: [exiscanusers] Exiscan for Exim-4.50?

Author: Ian Eiloart
CC:
Subject: Re: [exim] Re: [exiscanusers] Exiscan for Exim-4.50?

--On March 2, 2005 11:18:08 +0000 Peter Bowyer <peeebeee@???>
wrote:

>> Hi there,
>>
>> Is there any ETA for when the exiscan-acl patch will be made
>> available for Exim 4.50? The current one fails to apply against
>> the Exim-4.50 source tree, and it would influence the decision of >>

some package choices I have to make today :-)

Exiscan code is now in Exim, so there is no need to patch exim with
exiscan.

> Did you read the changelog?
>
> Peter

I guess the problem here is that this is almost a stealth change. There
is no notice of it on the exiscan web site. The exim web site doesn't
have the change log (at least not in a prominent place), and nowhere is
there a list of highlights.

When people are thinking about updating software, they often want to
make the decision BEFORE downloading and unpacking the software.
Therefore, it would be useful if the changes were documented in an easy
to find place - ideally linked to from the front page at exim.org.

Oh, and I can do that now that we have a Wiki! OK, I've added this
page: <http://www.exim.org/eximwiki/ChangeLog> and a mention of it
here: <http://www.exim.org/eximwiki/ObtainingExim>

The ChangeLog page is designed as an index into changes to Exim,
changes to Exim documentation, and historical versions of the Exim
documentation. I'll try to keep this up to date as new versions are
released. If anyone wants to add older changelogs, please do so.
--
Ian Eiloart
Servers Team