[exim] Upgrading from

Author: Alan J. Flavell
To: Exim users list
Subject: [exim] Upgrading from

In the F.M section called "Specifying when ACLs are used", it says

The ACL test specified by acl_smtp_connect happens after the test
specified by host_reject_connection (which is now an anomaly)

OK, so we're an anomaly (nothing new there, eh Philip?). I'm also
attracted by the idea that a brief delay at HELO time could fool some
pump-and-dump spammers into failing the synchronisation test and
getting themselves thrown out at low cost at an early stage, so I
thought it was time to consider implementing such an ACL.

For some curious historical reason, I see that we have:

host_reject_connection = CONFIG_DIR/smtp_refuse : *.dsl.telesp.net.br

Oh well. Never mind the details. I looked around for a simple
recipe for adapting this to (reasonably) current practice, but
haven't actually seen one. Is it thought to be too obvious, or
wouldn't it be nice to have a recipe in the archives for this kind
of thing?

cheers