Re: [exim] Count connections

Author: Dennis Skinner
To: Exim-users
CC:
Subject: Re: [exim] Count connections
Matthias Waffenschmidt wrote:

| Why not just using exiwhat this way:

| exiwhat | grep 'handling incoming connection' | wc -l

I mentioned that in my previous email, but was unsure how accurate it
was since the docs mention issues with exiwhat on some systems. Also,
since I have several mail servers with different settings, it would be
good to know how many connections are allowed and reserved for the
server I am looking at, like the in the log:

connected=70 max=120 reserve=50

Yes, I could grep the config file for those options (I will probably do
this for the short-term), but the whole thing seems hackish when exim
already knows the answers I want. Perhaps a wishlist for a commandline
option like exim -cc (count connections)?

Thanks!

- --
Dennis Skinner
Systems Administrator