[exim] Count connections

Author: Dennis Skinner
To: Exim-users
CC:
Subject: [exim] Count connections
Had a slight problem with clamd tonight. It apparently was doing
something it shouldn't have and taking a long time to do it. This
caused the incoming connections to back up until it hit the limit I set
and refused additional connections (except for reserved connections that
were still open). I restarted clamd and the problem cleared up immediately.

My questions is, is there an easy way to query exim to find out how many
connections are currently being handled? Something that would report
what was coming up in my logs:

connected=70 max=120 reserve=50

I suppose I could count "handling incoming" from exiwhat, but I'm not
sure how acurate that will be. Any ideas?

Thanks!

--
Dennis Skinner
Systems Administrator