RE: [exim] forward non local users to other server

Autor: Matthias Läßig
A: Marc Sherman, exim-users
CC:
Assumpte: RE: [exim] forward non local users to other server
> > Yup, could work too but he said that he couldn't migrate
> the users to
> > the new system - if the users can be stored in MySQL I'd
> call that a
> > migration
> > :) I was assuming that he couldn't push any data at all except a
> > domain name or an MX server into Exim to know about
> un-migrated users.
>
> That's possible, but I'd assume that the hard part of
> migration wouldn't be populating the user database, but
> rather transfering the users saved mail folders (assuming
> IMAP/server side storage), and getting the users clients
> reconfigured to talk to the new servers.

Yeah, you got it. Populating the DB is not the problem, but getting the user data to the new server... As we're now using maildrop and courier-imapd instead of mbx and cyrus.

I'm still wondering how to state this configuartion (local/foreign server column in the DB)in the config file.

/matthi.