RE: [exim] forward non local users to other server

Autor: Eli
A: 'Marc Sherman'
CC: exim-users, 'Matthias Läßig'
Assumpte: RE: [exim] forward non local users to other server
Marc wrote:
> Eli wrote:
> >
> > Quite possible indeed, however your configuration for Exim
> will highly
> > depend on how you store your users in MySQL. I assume if
> you have gotten
> > that far that you have something in your RCPT ACLs that
> checks for local
> > users or not - you need simply extend that to have Exim
> also accept RCPTs
> > for the remaining domains you haven't migrated. Several
> options are at your
> > disposal, such as a simple domain name check, or looking at
> MX records,
> > etc...
> >
> > At routing time, if the user isn't in MySQL, pass it to
> another router that
> > uses manualroute or something to do a smarthost type set up.
>
> An easier/cleaner solution might be to first put all users in
> the MySQL
> database, with a column indicating which server their email
> is currently
> handled by. You can have exim route the mail according to
> that column,
> and as you migrate users, just change the value in that column.
>
> That way, you don't need to worry about callouts for recipient
> verification or anything like that to avoid backscatter when spam is
> sent to non-existant users.

Yup, could work too but he said that he couldn't migrate the users to the
new system - if the users can be stored in MySQL I'd call that a migration
:) I was assuming that he couldn't push any data at all except a domain
name or an MX server into Exim to know about un-migrated users.

Eli.