[exim] Debian Exim 4 status

Autor: Marc Haber
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [exim] Debian Exim 4 status
Hi,

I would like to give the Exim community a short summary of Exim's
status in Debian.

With the archive update run on friday night, exim4 4.44-2 moved to
Debian sarge after approval by the release team on Thursday. The SMS
informing of this fact was unfortunately exactly an hour too late for
me to mention this fact in my talk on the Exim conference.

On saturday, I uploaded exim4 4.50-2 to Debian unstable, and it went
in during the archive update run on saturday night. This is the first
Debian version mentioning the pkg-exim4-users list, so I expect a
surge in subscriptions and probably even some traffic. As soon as
4.50-2 has become a valid candidate for sarge (which will be in ten
days), I'll ask the release team to approve 4.50-2 for sarge, which I
hope they will actually do.

eximdoc4 4.50-1 was uploaded to unstable late last night, so it missed
the archive update run and will only go in tonight. It will have a
"dummy release critical bug" filed on Wednesday to keep it from
migrating into testing while the "real" exim 4 packages are still on
4.44.

If you have any questions regarding the process, please do not
hesitate to ask.

Greetings
Marc