Re: [exim] [Debian normal bug #296492] exim4: remote_smtp tr…

Author: David Woodhouse
To: Marc Haber
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] [Debian normal bug #296492] exim4: remote_smtp transport should fallback to ipv4 with fallback_hosts too
On Sun, 2005-02-27 at 17:15 +0100, Marc Haber wrote:

>>If the first address returned from getaddrinfo() is the IPv6 address and
>>you don't have a global IPv6 address of your own, then your resolver
>>isn't conforming to RFC3484.
>
>How can I check that? Is there a test entry out there in DNS which I
>can use to verify how a Debian system behaves?

Anything with both AAAA and A records -- for example
pentafluge.infradead.org.

Either just throw together a simple test program which uses
getaddrinfo(), or use something which is known to just use the first
host in the list and break if that one doesn't work, rather than falling
back to second and subsequent hosts. Like Evolution.

--
dwmw2