Re: [exim-dev] New web site...

Author: Tabor J. Wells
To: Sam Michaels
CC: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] New web site...
On Fri, Feb 25, 2005 at 04:28:11PM -0500,
Sam Michaels <samthecomputerman@???> is thought to have said:

> PHP/MySQL
> - Anonymous user notes for the documentation (with optional email
> address field)...no login required
> - Perhaps a rating system that will also serve to auto hide comments
> (sort of a distributed moderation)
>
> An adaptation of PHP.net's system would work beautifully for Exim's purpose.

php.net also had to take down their user comments section for a while not
long ago because of spammers targeting the notes system.

If something like this does get implemented for exim.org then we need to
make sure to take that kind of inevitable abuse into account when putting it
together. I don't think merely rating them will be enough.

Tabor J. Wells                                     twells@???
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality