Re: [exim] Adding delay on *failure* of condition - impossib…

Author: Bill Hacker
To: eli-list
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Adding delay on *failure* of condition - impossible?
Eli wrote:

> Bill wrote:

*SNIP*
>>What happens if you simply add a "!" and invert the condition?
>>
>>http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.40/doc/html/spec_toc.html#TOC129
>

> Heh, I blame this on too much work (and not playing with Exim for a while)
> ;P That did it - can't believe I didn't think of that.

*SNIP*

> If I were to make a patch for Exim that could allow delays on a failure of
> conditions as well, what sort of syntax would people feel most comfortable
> with? I personally would like this ability and have no problems making a
> patch to do it, I just need to know how it should look in the config file.
>
> Philip, what's your feeling towards this?
>
> Eli.

?? Puzzled?

Lots of examples abound for conditionals that already do just that - and
more.

Exim conditionals are *very* flexible and powerful as-is.
Note what you just did, above, with just a one-byte change.

No patch needed, AFAICS.

Now - if you *really* need to get ultra-clever, almost anything in
~/configure, from tests to greylisting - whatever - can be driven from
an SQL DB - which can be tested for, or made to return, anything
'usable' under the Sun (and a lot that AIN'T if yer careless).

I do not, however, recommend an RDBMS be used 'casually' or as a
band-aid with Exim, as SQL calls are *way* heavier resource hogs than
Exim's inbuilt tests.

HTH,

Bill