Re: [exim] data timeouts

Author: Mark Nipper
To: Chris Knipe
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] data timeouts
On 25 Feb 2005, Chris Knipe wrote:
> This is the ONLY one experiencing this error according to the logs.... Is
> there anything on my (server) side I can do??? I'm pretty sure this is
> something on the client side, but I thought I'd just make sure first.

    I agree with you, it sounds like a client side problem.
You might ask the user if (s)he has any antivirus software doing
outgoing scanning.  I've run into a few problems with various
products delaying, corrupting or just outright blocking SMTP
traffic from a client machine because of misconfiguration or
sheer brokenness.

    I'd ask about that before banging your head against a
wall on your side.  :)

--
Mark Nipper                                                e-contacts:
4475 Carter Creek Parkway                           nipsy@???

---begin random quote of the moment---
"Well, I too worry for all young lovers. The darkness is not the
light, my child, and there are lights. You are one of the
lights, dear Mina, the light of all light."

-- Professor Abraham van Helsing, "Bram Stoker's Dracula", 1992
----end random quote of the moment----