Re: [exim] New Stuff

Autor: Stephen Gran
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] New Stuff
On Thu, Feb 24, 2005 at 06:56:47PM +0100, David said:
> Hi !!
>
> >| OLD_DEMIME is deprecated, so i supose this feature is lost
> >| for the ones not using old demime, really surprising.
> >
> >Especially as demime is still required for several virus scanners,
> >notably clamav. I hope "deprecated" doesn't mean it will be dropped
> >before that problem is solved...
>
> Those this means that clamav scanning will not work unless
> OLD_DEMIME is defined ? where did you read this ?

Not quite. ClamAV's internal demime facilities are still rather young,
and having a combination of the exiscan demime facilites along side the
clam ones has certainly been a help.

But, in the 0.8x series, the demime parts of ClamAV are always on,
unless explicitly turned off. See the ScanMail option to clamd.conf.
The sendmail systems I am forced to administer certainly catch their
share of viruses, though, so I wouldn't think there would be any serious
problems.
|  Stephen Gran                  | Conceit causes more conversation than   |
|  steve@???             | wit.   -- LaRouchefoucauld              |