Re: [exim] per-user dnslists for domain-based *BLs

Author: Dave Lugo
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] per-user dnslists for domain-based *BLs
On Tue, 22 Feb 2005, Tony Finch wrote:

> > USERPREFS=/var/exim/userprefs/${lc:$domain}/${lc:${extract {1}{+} {$local_part} }}
> >
> > deny domains = +local_domains : +relay_to_domains
> >    condition = ${if exists{USERPREFS/rhs-blacklist} \
> >                    {yes} {no} }
> >    dnslists  = ${readfile {USERPREFS/rhs-blacklist} {:} }/$sender_address_domain
> >    message = rejected: $sender_address_domain is listed in $dnslist_domain\n$dnslist_text

> I have improved the readability of your snippet by using a macro and more
> space.
>
> The problem here is that $sender_address_domain is not added to each entry
> in the file. If you have a file containing blacklist.com on a line by
> itself then the result of expansion will be blacklits.com:/sender.com
> which is a syntax error.
>
> Note that the EOL string in ${readfile can be more than a single
> character, so you should try
>
>    dnslists = ${readfile {USERPREFS/rhs-blacklist} {/$sender_address_domain:} }

Thanks! That was the fix - I found it last night, after a few days
of off-and-on reading the exim docs.

I should probably sub to exim-users (reading via the archive at the
moment). Also need to buy the book. Exim has very nice and full-
featured acl $foo, I just need to get better acquianted with it :)

Dave Lugo   dlugo@???    LC Unit #260   TINLC