Re: [exim] Thoughts on Open Relays

Author: Matt Fretwell
To: exim
Subject: Re: [exim] Thoughts on Open Relays
Ian Eiloart wrote:

> 4. Some people don't understand what benefits Marc sees. Well, so what?
> Marc clearly does see some benefits. He might be wrong about them, but
> that's not something we should care about. We only need to care about
> the costs to the rest of the world.
>
> So, I don't think I've seen a good argument against what Marc is
> offering.

For or against, that is personal opinion.

However, which servers he will be running this on is different. Will it
just be the ctyme.com servers, or others to boot.
Not allowing that information to become public so that people can decide
personally whether to block this idea, (whether or not it proves itself
viable eventually is irrelevant), or whether to just sit back and monitor,
is irresponsible in the extreme.

He may do as he wishes. He could, however, at least have the decency not
to inflict it upon others without allowing for some prior preparation.

Matt