Re: [exim] demime condition vs MIME ACL

Author: Kirill Miazine
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] demime condition vs MIME ACL
* Don Walker [2005-02-21 14:10]:
> In 4.50, I had to specify the WITH_OLD_DEMIME option so my existing checks
> for prohibited attached file extensions would continue to work. But the
> 4.50 spec.txt says the demime condition is deprecated in favor of the MIME
> ACL. However, I can't figure out how to check attached file extensions
> using a MIME ACL. What am I missing? Thanks.

I can't say what you are missing, as I don't know what you have. :-)

As an example, I provide a piece of my configuration. I have a list of
"bad" filename extensions in a file called /etc/exim/blacklist_files
which contains extensions to block (one perl line):

    bat
    chm
    cmd

Here's exim.conf stuff:

# main
BLACKLIST_FILES = /etc/exim/blacklist_files
FILENAME_EXT = ${sg{$mime_filename}{^.+\\.([a-z0-9]+)\$}{\$1}}

acl_smtp_mime = acl_check_mime

# ACL
acl_check_mime:
    deny
        message = File type blacklisted (filename: $mime_filename)
        condition = ${lookup{FILENAME_EXT}lsearch{BLACKLIST_FILES}{yes}{no}}

    accept

G'luck.

--
    -- Kirill Miazine <km@???>