Re: [exim] sender verify at verizon.net (sigh)

Author: Mark Nipper
To: Thomas Bushnell BSG
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] sender verify at verizon.net (sigh)
On 21 Feb 2005, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> Hrm, Debian testing seems to only have version 4.34.

    A few things here, all Debian specific.  I apologize for
the off-topic post and yes, I realize there is a Debian list for
this.  But the statement was made here, so hopefully this is a
short thread and someone will find it useful.

    I run testing on my own server.  However, I do have need
for things in unstable and currently 4.44 is the latest version
in unstable (with 4.50 already in experimental).

    If you want to try either unstable or possibly even
experimental, you might try configuring your /etc/apt/preferences
like my attached preferences file and set up your
/etc/apt/sources.list to look something like mine also.  Then you
can do one of two things:
---
apt-get -t unstable install exim4 exim4-base exim4-config exim4-daemon-heavy
apt-get -t experimental install exim4 exim4-base exim4-config exim4-daemon-heavy

    Either will install a newer version than what you
currently have.  The standard disclaimers apply here.  It works
for me, but might not work for you, etc.

--
Mark Nipper                                                e-contacts:
4475 Carter Creek Parkway                           nipsy@???

---begin random quote of the moment---
"Well, if we told you how we did it, then it very well wouldn't
be unbreakable, would it? You need to trust us with your data.
These are not the backdoors you are looking for."
-- random /. quote