Re: [exim] Re: Thoughts on Open Relays

Author: Marc Perkel
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Re: Thoughts on Open Relays

Jim Roberts wrote:

> I respectfully disagree. All they need is to sign up for a legitimate
> alternate email service that provides SMTP AUTH, and hopefully access
> to the "submission" port, as well. I would put forth that it's just
> as easy to find such a service (maybe easier), than to find a "safe"
> open relay. Furthermore, if the ISP wants to tape that person's email,
> all they have to do is tape all the traffic to that user being
> provided over the ISP's lines. Having an open relay available is no
> protection against an ISP snooping on you.
>
> Jim Roberts
> Punster Productions, Inc.

I would provide encrypted secure open relay services that would be tap
proof. We live in a world where governments are not the good guys. The
ability to have alternatives is something that I consider to be
important. And - this is something I can provide with 100% spam blocking
so it can't be abused by comercial interests.

--
Marc Perkel - marc@???

Spam Filter: http://www.junkemailfilter.com
    My Blog: http://marc.perkel.com