Re: [exim-dev] ${dlfunc

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Tony Finch
CC: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] ${dlfunc
On Fri, 18 Feb 2005, Tony Finch wrote:

> I need a little more control over string expansion failure than ${readsock
> can provide, however I don't want the weight of Perl or ${run. In
> particular it's awkward to get a non-forced expansion failure out of
> ${readsock, which is needed for sensible error handling with options like
> errors_to. This patch implements a ${dlfunc string expansion hook for C
> programmers. Flames and/or adulation welcome.

I need (if I ever get time) to get up to speed on dynamically loading
things. My (unexpert) worry is the danger of loading the wrong thing and
thereby causing a security problem. This is not an issue on hosts where
there are no user login accounts, of course. Is this just a matter of
suitable documentation?