Re: [exim] 5 Minute Penalty Box

Author: Marc Perkel
To: Fred Viles
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] 5 Minute Penalty Box

Fred Viles wrote:

>On 19 Feb 2005 at 18:55, Marc Perkel wrote about
>    "Re: [exim] 5 Minute Penalty Box":

>| >I think you're misunderstanding Marc's point, Marc. The ACL snippet
>| >you posted doesn't show you deferring the first bad address, it shows
>| >you accepting it. Presumably you catch it with a later deny (why
>| >would you *accept* an invalid recipient?), but why not make the warn
>| >you showed a deny instead?
>|
>| Yes - I accept the first one - at this level.
>
>But *why*? It's not necessary as part of your greylist variant.

In the case of failed recipient - I agree. I'm greylisting on a number
of conditions some of which might be blocking legitimate email. For
those other conditions I let one pass to the next level every 5 minutes
- so if the message is legit it gets through - eventually.

--
Marc Perkel - marc@???

Spam Filter: http://www.junkemailfilter.com
    My Blog: http://marc.perkel.com